Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I get my 1982 Hot Rodded Monte to pass emissions?

I have a 292 Magnum cam and a 750 double pumper Holley carb on it. I've tried alcohol in the tank, retarded timing, super small jets, oil change, plugs, and removing the PCV valve and letting the thing just suck air. Any help would be greatly appreciated.How can I get my 1982 Hot Rodded Monte to pass emissions?
It's hard to say what you need to do actually. Does the Monte still have the catalytic converter? If it had an air pump from the factory - is that still intact?



I think you'll need to look at the emissions sheet and identify which categories it is failing on and target those directly.



Otherwise, wait a year, and depending on what state you're in, it may fall under classic car guidelines (25 years old or older) and not require testing.