Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's wrong with my 2003 Impala?

My 2003 Impala shifts hard! Also when I come to a stop it starts to choke and die, same thing when I am going uphill (only when I am going slow, like turning a corner to go uphill). The engine code says that it's the EGR Valve, but I've replaced it, and it still is doing the same thing. Also last week I gave my car a major tune up:



Changed spark plugs and wires

Changed air filter

Changed fuel filter

Changed Oil/Filter

Changed Trans Fluid/Filter

Changed PCV Valve

Flushed Radiator

I also added Lucas Transmission Fix, didn't help.



I've heard that you can run Seafoam through the Vacuum line. Would this help? And how do you do it?What%26039;s wrong with my 2003 Impala?
done everything...how about a wash and wax? have you looked for a vacuum leak? spraying along hoses with wd40 see if idle changes



fuel pump????What%26039;s wrong with my 2003 Impala?
Take it to the certified mechanic before you change everything else in the car.What%26039;s wrong with my 2003 Impala?
make sure you have the correct amount of fluid in the transmission then go for a drive with the car at operating temp. if it still shifts hard look for a vacuum line that came off the trans where your shift module is. otherwise take it to a trany shop.