Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you fix a car from stalling?

Yes I recently had my 1999 grand am gt 3.4l with ram air serviced. I had the oil changed,a new fuel filter and had them put the car on the diagnostics computer. I also put in stp concentrated fuel injector cleaner 2 days ago. They said the pcv valve was ok and that everything else checked out ok.The car has 149,000 kms on it.But it still stalls especially when you first start it up from cold. It also does it at other times too,even when its been running for awhile.I use regular unleaded gas but it even did it with the premium too.Could it be a bad injector?Its really frustrating.Also maybe I didnt wait long enough for the stp cleaner to work.Is there also a better kind of cleaner than what I bought or is there another problem going on here?How do you fix a car from stalling?
have the Idle air control module checked, thats what happened to mine.How do you fix a car from stalling?
Sorry, nothing in a can will fix your problem. Did they check the temp. sensor. I would take it to a reputable repair facility that does diagnostic work and plan on leaving the car for a couple days so they can try to duplicate the problem, especially the one when it first starts up.